The 2019 theme for Arq Press is:
As in, a group of owls. We're interested in any work you have that relates to this theme (however tenuously or however you've interpreted it--we like broad definitions and different takes on the theme!)
**SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY OPEN**
**WE WELCOME YOUR SUBMISSIONS UNTIL APRIL 15, 2019**
1. We're looking for your best work relating to the theme of PARLIAMENT in any genre: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, or visual art.
2. Send your piece to ArqPressPDX [at] gmail [dot] com as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file. Include a word count, if applicable, with the word SUBMISSION in the subject line. If you send us a .pdf of a piece of text, please be aware we may ask for a .doc file upon acceptance for formatting purposes.
3. Please also include a cover letter and a third-person bio with your email--we'd like to learn a little more about you.
4. Please limit your word count to 3,000 words. Several pieces of poetry or short fiction, up to this word limit, are welcome. Simultaneous submissions are just fine—but please do let us know if it's accepted elsewhere.
5. We want original work for our yearly issues—so please do not send us previously-published material.
6. PARLIAMENT does acquire First North American Serial Rights, with copyright reverting to author upon publication. If your piece is published somewhere else in the future, it would be great if you let people know that we published it first.
7. We will respond to submissions as soon as we can! We like to give every piece plenty of time and attention, but we know waiting can suck. We'll try to not keep you doing it for too long.
8. Have a question that's not covered here? Send us an email—ArqPressPDX [at] gmail [dot] com.